Business Glossary Manager Capabilities
Business Dictionary and Semantics
- Ability to document and maintain enterprise glossary of business terms and definitions as the single version of truth across the enterprise; and
- Ability to relate and correlate business terms and aliases (synonyms) across the enterprise.
Governance and Stewardship
- Ability to support workflow for approval and rejection process for various objects within the repository;
- Roles and responsibilities defined for “kick-starting” or enhancing a data governance program;
- Ability to support subscriptions and notifications for changes and event triggers;
- Ability to connect data to people, process and organization along with capability to monitor and control them effectively; and
- Ability to be able to send out emails and notifications to assigned person via a corporate email server.
Enterprise-wide Impact Analysis
- Ability to classify data in terms of criticality, confidentiality, business purpose, product, etc.
Collaboration and Reporting
- Ability to establish interest groups and dynamic notifications;
- Support for email alerts and standard and custom metadata reports; and
- User-defined navigation maps.